My full #crystalcactus order. Sooo in love, this #aura cleansing spray is heaven in a bottle 😍 I could not be happier
My new necklace from #crystalcactus is sooooo perfection 💖😍🌟 #rainbowquartz #bullet #quartz #crystals
Update, I guess?
Work is going great, I’m absorbing things and remembering them with lightning speed. It’s the first time in years that I’ve felt my brain actually being /exercised/ fully, and one of the only times I’ve ever felt legitimately smart.
I was told there’s a lot of information, and there is, and yet I still feel like I have a solid handle on most things. I’ve been surprising people when I can answer problems they’re having/give them input/when one of my trainers asks if I’m ‘familiar’ with something and I can recite everything I know about it instantly. So yeah, I feel smart and it’s a wonderful feeling.
I’ve also earned a reputation as kind of an overachiever because 1) I take extensive notes, on everything and 2) I take notes on what I’m learning for the day anywhere between 2 hours and 1 day BEFORE I’m scheduled to sit down with someone….and then when I do I pretty much know everything they’re going to say.
I can tell I’m ‘getting’ things because when shadowing people I get frustrated because I know the answer and they aren’t going about it the way *I* would go about it, so it’s very interesting to see the things my brain is doing in comparison to what other people’s brains are doing.
I have a snow day today! How boss is that? I will never get over the fact that even though I’m an adult I still get snow days.
I’ve learned a hilarious amalgamation of things these past 2 weeks, so here we go:
1) If you’re calling a help desk/IT center and they tell you they have to further investigate your issue, SERIOUSLY DO NOT KEEP CALLING. Not even because it’s annoying, it honestly makes it more difficult to help you.
2) It doesn’t matter what ‘back ways’ you use; rush hour commutes are the absolute worst.
3) If I play “Party Up” by DMX in the car, it means I’m ready to grievously injure someone.
4) If You’re submitting ANYTHING that has to go through a 3rd party system that may or may not end up having its own problems, you had better not be trying to submit it for the first time on the day of the deadline, hours before it’s due.
5) For heaven’s sake, read things. Just…reading comprehension. Thoroughly read everything, especially if you’re asking for money from someplace.
6) Do you hate being on hold? You know how much it blows to be on hold? Please remember that for every time you ask an IT person to stay on the phone with you, even though they’re sending you instructions and help on how do fix your problem, you’re doing that to someone else.
7) There is nothing more hilarious than a room full of ‘IT people’ trying to figure out how to do something technical. There just isn’t.
That’s about it. I think. Either way, I’m bored now and no one will probably read this anyway so I’m going to go and debate whether it was stupid to get up at 8am to preserve my ‘work schedule’ in case we’re open tomorrow or whether I think I’m a nerd and a loser for getting up and not sleeping in. Dilemmas, dilemmas…
- Name: Cyd
- Nickname: Cass, Momo, Khaaaaleeeeessiiii (rofl), Bunny, etc.
- Height: 5’1”
- Relationship status: Happy :)
- Birthday: January 15th, 1988
- Favorite color: Black/purple/seafoam green
- Favorite singer/band: Florence + The Machine/HIM/White Ring/Fleetwood Mac/ I CANNOT PICK JUST ONE
- Last song listened: If I Had a Heart - Fever Ray
- Last movie watched: LotR: Fellowship
- Favorite book: Okay I REALLY cannot pick a favorite book but right now the one that sticks out most in my mind is Daughter of Smoke and Bone. OH and Practical Magic.
- Last book read: Deathless by Catherynne M. Valente
- Currently reading: D’Aulaires’ book of Norse Myths, The Essential Rumi, and Red, Hot, & Holy by Sera Beak.
- # of siblings: One
- # of pets:None.
- Best school subject: Poetry, Biotechnology, Forensic Anthropology, Anthropology in general, Movement, Methods, Literary Theory, Mythology (yes these are all subjects/classes I took in school.)
- Mac or PC? Mac forever.
- Cell phone type: iPhone
- Current shirt color: Black..duh
- Gamer?: A little bit.
- Day or night?: Night. (and rarely, bright clear quiet early mornings)
- Summer or winter?: Winter
- Most-visited website? Urm…probably this one.
- Celebrity crushes: Ville Valo, Travis Fimmel, Adam Levine (shut it), Jamie Campbell Bower (but only like….post Sweeney Todd because lets be real he looked kinda doofy in that movie)
(I seem to have gained a bunch of new followers so I thought this was relevant to do! Also to those of you who know my full name, I’m not putting it on the internet at the moment because of…reasons. So please just be respectful of that for the time being ❤ )
So my official start date for work is next Monday. Originally they mentioned this Wednesday but I’m a bit more okay with Monday because I have a looooot of paperwork to do for them and information to sift through.
This way I can get it done and turn it back and they can process it and by my first day I’ll be ready to go; all I’ll need is a fingerprint/badge appointment.
That’s right ladies and gentlemen; I get to be fingerprinted!!
So yeah, I like this kind of. It’s like…I haven’t started work yet, but I still have work to DO for work so it feels like I’m working from home. Which is super preferable to sitting at home with nothing to do so, hooray!
Game plan for the day: finish waking up, and dive into the pile of PDFs and handbooks waiting for me in my inbox.
If you’re a girl/smaller than your partner and you love being “big spoon”, lemme get a hell yeah
A REAL ADULT JOB. SALARIED. WITH BENEFITS. I AM OVER THE MOON I JUST….AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Post interview face.
I nailed it. Seriously, the interview could not have gone better.
Now I wait. I could know as early as today or as late as the end of next week.
But really, I’ve never felt better about an interview before, so I’m very hopeful :)
Okay so I’m having like….a really meanly inappropriate train of thought regarding something familial and I wanna SAY it but I don’t wanna PUBLISH it on the internet because of reasons.
So like, if we’re cool and you want to hear it and be prepared for me to say “is that totally fucked up?” then please send me a message because I’m like…….. ughhhhhh I’m imploding over here.
So the potential new job I’m trying for emailed me to set up a meeting in person. This is a very very good thing. This means the federal clients looked at my resume and picked me as one of the people they’d like to see. From there I just need to make one guy like me, essentially.
Please please please please pleeeeeeasse let me get this